My publisher is having a Giveaway! So follow the link and enter for a chance to win! Good luck!
So now that I am officially a published author people ask me not only how I did it and what advice I have but also how my life has changed. So, here are some things I learned after becoming a published author:
1. I was humbled and surprised at how many people were genuinely happy for me and even happier that they actually now knew a real life published author. Even though the book isn’t even out yet. 🙂
2. The people you meet on this new journey in your life are the best source of inspiration, friendship and help you will ever get and I am lucky to call these new “cool” people my friends.
3. From now on I will lead a double life. The name is Pickens…….Shelley Pickens. hehehe
4. Suddenly you get very comfortable with social media. So much so that I fear I might drown in it.
5. A tweet is not worth a thousand words unless it is “sexy” or you are a famous person.
6. Oh dear lord I just used the word “tweet” in a sentence.
7. Romance writers are by far the sassiest, coolest and most fun people you will ever meet. Plus if you want to look at half nude pics of the guy they want as their next main character that is also a big PLUS.
8. My friend Mary Kay Donovan used to say that I only needed that one YES, that one person that believed in my book enough to take a chance on me. As fate would have it, I found that yes in Caroline Andrus. But what Mary Kay didn’t know was that along with that one yes I gained a boat load of wonderful mentors and other new authors that would immediately believe in me and want to help. I went form 1 yes to 7 in a blink of an eye. And to a writer that is more valuable that all the gold in the world.
As for the rest of the journey it is yet unwritten since I am currently on hold waiting for the editor to read my manuscript and tell me what I can do to improve it. And although I have no idea what the future holds as a published writer, there is one thing I know for certain: I am in for one hell of a ride.
And I am most grateful for all of you that are on this roller coaster with me. *HUGS*
Join us for some Blarney and bits and pieces of the Emerald Isle.
Sign up now through March 17, 2014
Welcome to the Bit O’ Irish mini blog hop.
Rules: bloggers must post something Irish, even if it is vacation pics taken while on the Isle. Participants may join in any day before St. Patrick’s Day. Please make sure to visit fellow hoppers. If you would like to add something to the main giveaway, please notify me with a comment. All participants are welcome to add their own giveaways on their site. Erin Go Bragh!
So we all love St. Patrick’s Day and the rolling green hills of Ireland. We love the enduring human spirit that characterizes the Irish people. The holiday should be about this:
But instead becomes more about this:
But no matter how you celebrate this Celtic holiday, make sure you have some fun this week. Post a favorite Irish ditty, limerick, symbol, saying, picture or recipe. As with the Irish, anything goes.
We will be spotlighting Jill Bisker’s inspirational story Within Reach and giving away a variety ebooks and two $5 Amazon gift card.
Within Reach is the story of Emma, a woman coming to terms with her mother’s increasing dementia and the everyday challenges associated with it. Inexplicably, she finds herself ‘re-living’ specific events from her past. She soon wonders if her own sanity is slipping, and only her mother can help find the key.
About The Author
Jill Bisker lives in Stillwater, MN with her husband and a calico cat named Senora, and a grown son who is in college. She believes in empowering women to be strong enough to protect themselves, while still soft enough to be loving and compassionate. Her work includes paranormal mystery, traditional high fantasy, as well as contemporary and humorous fantasy and an everyday living blog. Once a dedicated stay at home Mom, Jill now writes full-time.
Connect with Jill:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/authorjillbisker
Pinterest Page: http://www.pinterest.com/jillbisker/
Join in the Blarney. Click on the Pot of Gold below for a chance to win cash prizes great reads.
Choose from the following ebooks:
By Jill Bisker
Merry Christmas, Henry
By Aubrey Wynne
Craving Vengeance and Covert Exposure
By Valerie Clarizio
By Mary Kate Brogan
(Romance set in 1950′s Ireland)
Symphony of Light and Winter Imposter’s Kiss
By Renea Mason
Click below to add your link. Remember to stop by these blogs for more luck o’ the Irish: